Cross Functional Team Effectiveness
Cross functional teams are groups of people from various departments in an organisation—such as marketing, product development, quality assurance, sales and finance—who work together to achieve a common goal. They break through the “silos” of a traditional organisational structure so that the team can see the big picture. However, to achieve the big picture this group of people need to cohesively work as a team. The aim of the intervention is to facilitate team integration in cross functional teams for improved effectiveness. The intervention includes a diagnosis phase, followed by the deployment of various workshops, peer learning projects and other training methodologies. Typically, the intervention is completed over months.
- Understand the characteristics of a cohesive team
- Take steps towards achieving team cohesiveness
- Develop an action plan improving team integration.
- Better grasp of team dynamics
- Know and leverage on each other’s strengths.
- Build/enable greater trust within the team
- Significantly better bonding geared to get better output as a team.